xxertz

Xxertz

I just made this account to comment on other blogs. I'm not committed to signing up to another review site (as tempting as it is).

Better Than Before: Mastering the Habits of Our Everyday Lives

Better Than Before: Mastering the Habits of Our Everyday Lives - Gretchen Rubin BLUF: Great book, I highly recommend this to those who want to learn about habits and/or their own (and spouse’s) habit tendencies. 4.5 stars.

This book covers everything you want to know about habits, including the importance of monitoring, the problems with rewards, and (of course) how to make habits work for you.
"From what I've observed, our Tendencies are hard wired, and while they can be offset to some degree, they can't be changed." "Yet whatever our Tendency, with greater experience and wisdom, we can learn to counterbalance its negative aspects."

This book understands that tendencies are hard wired. It breaks down the main categories people fall into, from what motivates us to when we work best, and helps us realize what we need to do to embrace the habits we want to make and break those we don’t want to keep.

I wanted to read this book to learn about how habits work and a little more about how I can make habits stick. What I didn’t expect is that I would learn a lot about my significant other as well. It has completely changed my mindset on how to get along with him. (See, he’s a rebel. He doesn’t like plans, being on time, or essentially anything that requires you to tow the line.) It helped that I enjoyed the author’s style of writing.

** I received this book through GoodRead's First Reads program.**